Product Manager - Calgary
Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Who is Kickbooster?
Kickbooster is a high-growth division of Bold Commerce, dedicated to creating the most powerful and effective technology solutions for the crowdfunding industry. We develop and manage a suite of crowdfunding products, aimed at empowering individuals to bring their ideas to life!
Click here to learn more about Kickbooster!
About the role
Kickbooster is looking for a talented Product Manager to help us build the future of crowdfunding. You will collaborate closely with designers, developers, analysts, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to innovate and refine our products. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of crowdfunding, ecommerce, and the needs of users in the space. You will manage the release flow of new features and functionality, prioritizing the backlog of development ideas and implementing release processes.
We’re looking for a confident communicator with excellent problem solving and time management skills that can drive initiatives from concept to execution. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Drive product development with your team by breaking down work, roadmapping, and delivering results
- Create and manage the overall product roadmap, scoping development requirements, and writing user stories, while keeping your team accountable to timelines and results
- Set and manage expectations, assessing new requests, and respectfully handling turning away lower priority work
- Cultivate relationships across internal and external teams to maintain open lines of communication and ensure everyone is on the same page
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and what they need to be successful
- Research, identify, and find valuable solutions for new opportunities or gaps in the market
What we're looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- A true ambition to help brands and partners and to see their businesses succeed
- An understanding of software development, specifically how tech and API’s work; You don’t necessarily need to know a programming language, but you should have a solid understanding of how things work so you can contribute, give relevant feedback, and keep up with your development team
- Familiarity with ecommerce and reward-based crowdfunding platforms both established and up-and-coming
- Exceptional and proven problem solving skills
- Experience leading a team or an initiative with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to thrive and maintain organization in an environment with a lot of moving parts
- Willingness to learn new software, programs, skills, and technical languages as required
- Experience with the agile software development principles and how to manage the flow of work within those guidelines
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence to keep work visible and stakeholders informed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to visually communicate when necessary (wireframes, diagrams, storyboards, etc.)
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!Apply now