What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
The Bold team is looking for a Developer for our Kickbooster team.
Kickbooster is a team within Bold that focuses on building solutions for the crowdfunding space. Currently, the team provides Project Creators with the industry’s leading referral program, while developing new initiatives. The referral program enables Project Creators to provide a real incentive for friends, family, large media agencies, and social influencers to share and promote their campaign, greatly increasing their chances of success. Kickbooster also offers an environment where professional content creators, Affiliate Marketers and Social Influencers can gain immediate access to hundreds of crowdfunding campaigns that offer commission for helping spread the word about their projects. If you are looking to make a real hands-on difference on a small, nimble, and growing team, we encourage you to apply.
With some powerful new crowdfunding solutions in the works, we’re excited to grow the Kickbooster team!
Here's what we need from you
- Desire to get shit done! You must have a work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to the company’s mission and BUILDERS Code
- minimum 3-5+ years of experience in a development role and capable of leading a project
- You have completed post-secondary education in Computer Science, an equivalent program, and/ or have related work experience
- You have a desire and interest to learn Ruby
- You have a true desire to make a real difference where you work
- You have a proven ability to take a feature from concept to production
- You are entrepreneurial. We trust everyone on our team to make bold choices and do what is best to grow the company
- You are enjoyable to work with because you’re great at what you do, your skill and work ethic encourages the entire team to improve their craft
- You are a genuinely awesome human being and want to elevate yourself and the team around you!
Other skills that will get you far
- Experience working with Rails, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Comfortable with macOS or Linux
- CircleCI, Concourse, or other CI systems
- Postgres, MySQL, or other database management systems
- Experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
At Bold, we work hard and we play hard! If you are a potential Builder and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other!
We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out. Go above and beyond when you apply so you don’t get lost in the mix. Talk about a cool project you’ve done, drop us a link to your github or portfolio if applicable, or just impress us with your personality.